Non-Profit Events: Parties with a Purpose
We are much more than a special events company.
Since 2010, when a U.S. Congressional candidate knocked on our doors, we’ve had the privilege of helping non-profit organizations and campaigns maximize fundraising and marketing in their special events. Our goal is simple: to help clients focus on what they do best–whether it be programming, or developing strong donor relationships–and let us worry about planning their fundraising events. Many do not have an event planner on staff, and often development staff are stretched beyond their limits, not having ample time or the experience to commit to planning a large-scale fundraiser. We lend nearly a decade of experience in non-profit development arena to help clients do more than produce an enjoyable, organized function; we know how to work delicately with board members, event co-chairs, committees, and volunteers to encourage harmony within your organization throughout the process. And, let’s not forget–it needs to bring in revenue!
For example, we help navigate event planning through your development calendar so we’re not competing with other fundraising campaigns or year-end appeals. We make recommendations about event communications that don’t exhaust your donors (or make them feel slighted). And when we work with your Event Chairs and Committees, we represent the same level of stewardship that you do by being conscious of their time. We know that when your donors are happy with your event, they give.
Events have included:
- Outdoor Festivals
- Award shows
- Style shows
Let us prepare a proposal to fit your exact budget and needs. Have an event chair and/or committee in place? Great! We can work with them to guide the logistics process so they aren’t shooting in the dark, and so that your budget stays on track. Need help preparing sponsorship menus, finding the perfect venue, preparing a budget breakdown, or delegating tasks to committee members? We can help with that, too.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Budget creation and/or collaboration
- Delegation of tasks to committee members
- Communication of timeline and tasks to committee members/chairs with organizational tracking system
- Venue discovery (and budget comparisons)
- Registration and ticketing
- Sponsorship menu creation and/or collaboration
- Timeline creation and management
- Scheduling appointments with vendors
- Assistance with selection of collateral/marketing items, including printed invitations, program, banners, signage, etc.
- Contract negotiation with vendors
- Creation of floor diagram
- Creation of detailed Run of Show and A/V timeline
- Creation of load in/load out schedule
- Communication to all vendors of Run of Show, floor diagram and load in/load out
- On-site management of event setup
- Volunteer training/delegation prior to event
- On-site management of volunteers
- Serve as on-site point of contact for all vendors and volunteers so that YOU can entertain your guests, sponsors, etc.
- Post-event tear down management
- Return of any leftover marketing, raffle, etc. items to you post-event
Service pricing options:
Flat fee (our most popular)
Typically a flat fee would mean a certain number of hours is projected for your event. 25% down payment installations will be required and contracted during the planning process depending on lead time, with final balance due the week of the event. Typically ranges from $1,500+ for Day-Of Packages, with custom, Full Coordination packages that begin at $4,500, depending on scope of work, lead time, number of vendors, how many volunteers are available, and staff and anticipated attendance.
$45/hour plus travel ($.25/mile within the DFW area). A security deposit of $300 will be due to hold your date, and then a monthly invoice will be sent. Final invoice will be sent immediately following the event. We are well below the market average for hourly event planning rates because we feel strongly that non-profit work is good work, and our rates reflect that.
15-20% of Event budget
(starting at $1,500) Best if you have a set event budget and your event will likely be 100%+ underwritten prior to event day. More popular with corporate events and established annual events.
Contact us today to discuss your organization’s event goals. We would love to help potential donors become more aware of your mission by elevating your event to everything it could and should be!