Did you know that, according to The Knot, in the last three months leading up to their wedding, brides “spend an average of 11 hours a week planning” and “nearly 50% also found that planning their wedding was more stressful than they expected”.
Your instincts were spot-on in seeking help with the planning process, and you’ve come to the right place.
After designing, coordinating and managing hundreds of weddings, we have come to realize that every couple is different, and every wedding different. So offering “boxed” packages is a challenge. We are always leery of event planners who don’t accommodate for the unique circumstances surrounding each affair, including overall budget, number of guests, how many vendors are included, etc. So our packages are usually customized to fit your exact needs, taste, and budget — since we would like to fit into your big day, and not require you to fit into our packages.
However…below are some examples that have worked for previous clients, and some ideas of what we can offer you. Please see “About Our Pricing” page for more information on why planners like us charge what they do and why.
The Juliet (Week-of Coordination)
3% of event budget, starting at $700
This is for the well-organized, confident, decisive couple on a budget and with a plan. You’ve been Pinteresting, Knotting, time-lining and have a Dropbox folder or binder with subfolders (in alphabetical order). And, just like Juliet with her maid, you realize can’t execute it all alone on your big day. You need reinforcements. At this point in the process, the client(s) should have chosen the venue, vendors and volunteers for the wedding day. Stacy simply takes the reins (and the stress) off of your hands and lets you (and your fiancee, parents, wedding party, etc.) truly enjoy the wedding weekend. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
- One free consultation (suggested no later than one month out) to discuss your plans
- One “pass-the-baton meeting” in person with Stacy, to be scheduled one month prior to the wedding, so that we can take on all pre-planning aspects that have been chosen: venue and vendors, menu, guest list, timeline, etc., and weigh in on items that may need more attention.
- Weekly follow-up consultation calls/email to determine how client is progressing on final timeline items.
- Assistance with final logistics planning: ceremony program, music selection, “Run of Show”, floor diagram, vendor load in/load out schedule and farewell.
- Client to drop off all personal items (dresses, programs, menus, party favors, etc.) to be used at event (no later than three days prior)
- Delivery of rehearsal schedule, ceremony program, “Run of Show”, floor diagram and vendor load in/load out schedule to all necessary parties.
- Use of one coordinator and one assistant (it’s a minimum two-person job) for the ceremony and reception
- Two-hour on-site rehearsal direction the weekend of your wedding
- Management of onsite vendors during ceremony and reception setup(s), including but not limited to: tables, chairs, linens, centerpieces, programs, large décor, lighting, A/V, tents, etc.
- Ensuring all decor is in place, smaller personal items are set and final touches are 100% complete at least half an hour prior to ceremony start time
- Clear communication about all plans to venue manager, catering/banquet staff, DJ/Entertainment, and all on-site vendors prior to event start time
- Management of wedding party’s rehearsal, ceremony and reception participation
- Ensuring the ceremony begins on time (our goal is 10 minutes ahead of ceremony schedule)
- Service to bride and groom as their personal assistant during entire event for photos, entrances/exits, plated food service, cake-cutting, dances, toasts, etc. We want you to ENJOY your wedding day, not think about what’s next.
- Direction to all vendors to adhere to the Run of Show and setup/teardown schedules
- Use of wedding emergency kit
- Delivery of all evening-of payments and gratuities to on-site vendors on your behalf
- Management of onsite vendors during ceremony and reception teardown, including but not limited to: tables, chairs, linens, centerpieces, programs, large décor, lighting, A/V, tents, unity candle/ceremony items, guest sign-in book, party favors and all other personal items
- Return of gifts and personal items to appropriate party/vehicle at end of the event
- Farewell exit lineup (we will stay until the Bride and Groom depart)
The Moon-Spinner (Month-of Coordination)
5% of event budget, starting at $1,200
A very popular choice for today’s bride and groom. Because, after all, everyone should enjoy these last four weeks leading up to the Big Day, and focus on the honeymoon instead of…for example…calling the caterer to ask whether or not vendors usually receive a meal, or what’s the difference between a guarantee and a final head count (and when to round up or down), and you don’t care whether your “extra” table seats eight or ten comfortably. At this point in the planning process, couples are VERY ready to pass the baton to us! Since we began in the event design business, you’re going to appreciate that this package includes some creative consultation, especially since many brides are experiencing creative burn out at this point in the process! This service includes everything in The Juliet, as well as:
- Detailed, in-person review of client’s rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception plans, as well as contracts from all vendors the client has chosen. Should be scheduled no later than eight weeks prior to the big day.
- One design consultation (approximately one month before) to finalize creative ideas and offer final, personalized design solutions for finishing touches that will make your guests feel special
- Suggestions for any month-of vendors, as needed
- Unlimited phone calls and emails with all vendors, as necessary, to finalize details and final contracts, i.e. the BEO
- Attendance to two site visits with your venue(s) within the month-of wedding day
- Scheduling of and attendance to one site visit to your main florist or rental provider
- Creation of detailed “Run of Show” and ceremony program
- Creation of detailed event outline (for set up) and floor diagram for ceremony and reception
- Creation and distribution of vendor load in/load out schedule for rehearsal, ceremony and reception
- All schedules to wedding party and vendors sent the week of your wedding day
- Includes all “Week-Of” services (see above)
- Arrangements for post-event personal items, i.e., gifts, guest book , etc., to be placed with the appropriate family/wedding party member
The Debutante (Full Coordination)
15% of event budget, starting at $3,000
This package is for the busy client who wants to enjoy the planning process by leaving it up to the professionals. You want to focus on your/your daughter’s happily-ever-after, not the coordination of vendors or wedding party. Relax and enjoy the engagement! We take care of all of the stress of your pre-wedding day essentials, plus co-creation of YOUR unique wedding vision, and, of course, day-of coordination. Recommended for six months (if not more) prior to event day. This package includes everything in The Juliet and The Moonspinner services, as well as:
- Overall wedding design conception and presentation: we work with you to create a unique vision for your wedding, and offer assistance with turning it into a reality with event design experience and wedding industry knowledge
- Checklist/timeline creation
- Budget creation with realistic market value for items and services; includes budget comparisons for different venues and vendors
- Venue selection assistance: includes meeting scheduling and up to five site visits
- Send RFPs, schedule appointments and site-visits with all potential vendors and direct meetings to best fit your needs and budget
- Up to three florist/rental vendor selection site visits
- Negotiate vendor contracts to get the best deal for you
- Facilitate service agreements
- Provide menu suggestions and attend menu tasting(s)
- Research weekend accommodations for out-of-town guests and book room blocks
- Recommendations for rehearsal dinner/brunch locations and reservations
- Provide suggestions for final details, i.e. party favors, stationary selection, etc.
- Schedule vendor delivery/pickup times, and serve as point of contact for vendors from start to finish
- Delivery of vendor payments and gratuities on client’s behalf
- Post-event follow-up to tie up all loose ends, and ensure that all rental/personal items have made it back to their proper places
The Far, Far Away (Destination Wedding)
Includes month-of and full service packages (and those in-between) with a required four-month lead time. Week-of coordination available on a case-by-case basis and dependent upon the venue/vendors that you’ve already chosen. We will travel to your wedding location the week of the event and ensure that all final details are in place well in advance of your wedding day. We will work with airlines, hotels, transportation businesses, catering vendors, officiants, entertainment vendors and more to ensure your wedding weekend in paradise (or mountain getaway, or city-skape affair, etc.) is everything you imagined, and without the headache of handling it all yourself from far, far away.
The Mayday (Hourly Consultation)
$50 per hour*
For the client that just wants a taste of how professional wedding consultation could help them, or perhaps for the client who has most of the timeline planned out, but just needs that extra “wedding insurance” to see (from a pro) how their plans are coming along, this could be the service you’re looking for. From creative design, timeline creation/review, seating suggestions, floor diagram assistance, to just answering some questions about wedding etiquette…we can visit with you in-person or on the phone to help.